XAT 2020 exam course of study is divided into 4 sections – Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension; Decision Making, Quantitative Aptitude and General Awareness. In fact all the three sections define the XLRI shortlisting criteria, the General Awareness is taken into consideration at the time of personal Interview round. Therefore, a clear understanding of updated XAT syllabus before starting your XAT preparation is very crucial. Based on the past XAT pattern and the regular changes introduced by XLRI in the forthcoming XAT exam, the XAT exam syllabus 2020 has five major components which are:
- Verbal Ability, Reading Comprehension & Logical Reasoning.
- Decision Making.
- Quantitative Ability & Data Interpretation
- General Knowledge
Major Changes in XAT Syllabus 2020
Keeping pace with time and periodical changes in XAT syllabus are the key features which you can find each year in XLRI XAT exam. Some of the important changes that XLRI has declared for XAT exam syllabus 2020 are:
- XAT Syllabus 2020 reduced to 4 Sections/subjects instead of 5
- No Subjective Question on Essay Writing in XAT syllabus 2020
- All the 4 subjects on Verbal Ability, Reading Comprehension & Logical Reasoning; Decision Making; Quantitative Ability & Data Interpretation; General Knowledge will form single question paper in single section instead of two different parts without break
- Total number of questions as per XAT exam syllabus not to exceed 100
- All questions will be of MCQ type
- 75 Questions with negative marking
- 25 GK questions without negative marking