Although MAT syllabus for this section is short but in fact MAT question paper has tricky questions in this area. Major topics covered in MAT syllabus on Intelligence and Critical Reasoning are:
Section Highlights: MAT Syllabus 2019 for Intelligence and Critical Reasoning has been revamped. As a separate section in MAT exam, is divided in 2 parts – Syllabus for Intelligence Reasoning and syllabus for Critical Reasoning. In other exams like CAT, critical reasoning questions are also asked in Verbal Ability section.
MAT exam Syllabus for Intelligence & Critical Reasoning
- Fact Inference Judgment
- Passage Conclusion
- Statement Argument among others.
- Binary logic
- Seating Arrangement
- Blood Relations (Family Tree)
- Logical Sequence
- Linear and matrix arrangement
- Team Formation
- Direction sense and Decision Making
- Set Theory, Venn Diagrams, Network Diagrams
- Quantitative Reasoning
- Logical Reasoning based on Rankings
- Critical Reasoning
Key Facts on Reasoning Syllabus in MAT & Type of questions
MAT entrance exam syllabus defines that questions in Reasoning section can be individual or can be in the set of 3-4 questions.
- Weightage of Reasoning Syllabus questions in MAT exam: 20%
- Weightage of Reasoning Section in MAT Percentile calculation: 25%
- Total Reasoning questions in MAT syllabus for exam: 40
- Type of Questions: MCQs
- Past trend of topics in MAT Reasoning Syllabus: Questions were based on Family Relation, Statements-Cause & Effect, Clocks & Calendars, Statement –Assumptions, Reasons, analogies, direction, series, Incorrect Terms.